Make your opinion count!
Local and regional elections will take place on Tuesday 16 November. As an international newcomer you may be able to vote. Join us at the pre-election night on 2 November to learn more.
This evening will give you a unique opportunity to learn about the Danish political system and electoral process before the upcoming municipal and regional elections. The event is especially relevant, if you live in Copenhagen.
You will also get the chance to meet some of the politicians running for the Copenhagen municipal election as they will take questions from the audience.
- Introduction to the Danish political system and electoral process by professor Ulrik Kjær, University of Southern Denmark
- Meet political candidates for the upcoming Copenhagen municipal election
- Questions from the audience to the politicians
- The event will be moderated by Tobias Høygaard Lindeberg, Think Tank DEA
- Networking and sandwich
You can vote for the local and regional elections on 16 November, if you:
- Have a Danish citizenship, or
- Be a citizen of another EU Member State, Iceland or Norway, or
- If you are 18 years of age but neither a citizen of Denmark, another EU Member State, nor a citizen of Iceland or Norway you may only vote if you have resided in Denmark for a period of four years prior to election day.
The event is in English and free of charge.
University of Copenhagen (Festsalen)
Frue Plads 4
1168 København K